Summer’s over and I’m planning on pumping up the volume in the year’s last quarter. Random events that filled the summer and didn’t get put into the blog:
- Trip to D.C., mosquitoes ate me alive. Fortunately, the large welts they caused were not accompanied by itching. One observant one thought my recovery from two-inch wide welts was rather Terminator-like;
- Dinner with my freshman year roommate. Always such a joy to see people I really liked at 18, getting more fabulous with age;
- Spent a few hours trying to determine the difference between “aggressive” and “assertive” and when exactly I’m being either;
- Dealing with family illness. Not horrible or terminal, but just enough to transform a caring person into someone you don’t want to spend time with; and
- Continuing to run five days a week and do weight work (count it up, I’ve lost over 30 pounds since Dec. 26, when I realized I was bigger than I’d ever been in my life).